Intermediaries and lenders operating in the mortgage market are subject to a range of different compliance requirements covering the whole life of a mortgage from the initial product design through to the sale, ongoing management and final redemption. In addition firms are under increased scrutiny from the Regulator with a regular stream of enforcement notices being issued and they must also plan for the implementation of the Mortgage Market Review in April 2014.
Whether you are considering entering the market for the first time and require authorisation or are an existing business already operating in this sector we can provide a range of different services to help you. These include:
- Assistance with the authorisation process for firms seeking new entry to the market;
- Assistance with variation of permission applications for firms seeking to increase or decrease their current scope of activity;
- Technical regulatory advice on the application of the detailed Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules as well as all other aspects of the Handbook;
- Design and technical review of policies, procedures, processes and customer documentation;
- Development of appropriate metrics and management information;
- Design and delivery of compliance monitoring programmes;
- Undertaking detailed file reviews and the identification of any weaknesses in systems and controls;
- Assistance with prudential compliance issues and regulatory returns;
- Secondments to provide support onsite for compliance teams and specialist projects; and
- Preparation of training materials and delivery of sessions to staff.
We have skilled and experienced staff who have worked both in the industry and at the Regulator who can provide compliance solutions tailored to meet you specific needs.