Hedge funds must “get comfortable” with cryptocurrency risk
26 July 2018
Bovill consultant Gareth Parker spoke to news service AlphaWeek this month about cryptocurrency regulation. Areas considered include the implications for the hedge fund industry when dealing with crypto assets, the options currently available for investors and the future for crypto regulation.
“Crypto assets have a number of uses which are closely aligned to existing regulated instruments or activities. It is therefore logical that crypto businesses become subject to form of regulation.”
The questions put to Gareth where:
- What are the implications for the hedge fund industry given the de-centralised and borderless nature of crypto assets?
- Various regulators have issued warnings to investors regarding crypto–assets and ICOs. What options are currently available for institutional investors which want access to crypto assets?
- Which fund jurisdictions are making the strongest push to be considered leading crypto jurisdictions, and what are they doing to achieve this?
- What do you see as being the direction of travel for regulation of crypto activities?
- What are the current touch points between crypto hedge funds and the regulatory framework?
Click here to read the full article.
July 17, 2018 Greg Winterton
Copyright © AlphaWeek 2018. All rights reserved.