As with any disruptive technology, cryptocurrency and blockchain present tremendous opportunities but also raise legal, regulatory and business challenges. Our experience in securities and commodities regulation and registration, private equity, real estate, investment funds, privacy, AML/KYC and cybersecurity make us well positioned to provide clients with a holistic approach to emerging cryptocurrency, smart contracts and distributed ledger space opportunities.
Bovill can act as a trusted partner – whether you are a FinTech company looking to raise funds, a money service business utilising blockchain technology, or an investor evaluating investments in either cryptocurrency or companies using blockchain. Our technical expertise in digital currency, money services businesses and payments, and blockchain technology is supported by a global team and enables us to help our clients capitalise on opportunities and meet the challenges of this evolving industry.
We can advise you on the risks and help guide you through the regulatory, legal, technological and operational issues, including:
- Analyse global and country specific regulatory frameworks
- Determine whether a token is a security, or a platform is an exchange
- Help register your offering
- Develop regulatory policies and procedures including AML/KYC
- Evaluate data privacy and cybersecurity issues and solutions
- Advise you on operational and trading aspects, including valuation, custodial relationships, and establishing trading
- arrangements with exchanges or alternative trading systems
- Assist in conducting regulatory due diligence on investments
- Help with a risk analysis on cryptocurrency and blockchain-related investments
To learn more about how Bovill’s customised compliance solutions can help you confidently participate in the cryptocurrency and distributed ledger market contact us below.
Region specific advice: