Significant advancements in technology allow both private companies and public authorities to make use of personal data on an unprecedented scale in order to pursue their activities. Individuals are increasingly making personal information available publicly and globally and there is increased ease with which data may be collected, transmitted, stored, manipulated and, most importantly, disseminated. These developments, together with a general increase in awareness of fundamental rights, particularly the right to privacy, have led to legislative changes and the emergence of a new data protection regime.
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) now in force, compliance with it is now a board level responsibility, and firms must be able to produce evidence to demonstrate the steps that they have taken to comply and ensure ongoing compliance. Can you?
If not, or you are not sure, we offer tailored solution that suits you. We can offer the following:
- Regulation gap analysis – a line by line look at regulatory requirements, actual practice and gaps
- Data protection policy – provide and tailor a data protection policy
- Data protection procedures – drafting or tailoring including data subject rights, breach notifications, measures to evidence privacy by default and design and data inventories
- Data protection impact assessments – to identify high risk processes and document controls and recommend and agree risk mitigations
- GDPR health checks – reviewing the success of your GDPR implementation.
How can we help?
Bovill is a specialist financial services regulatory consultancy dedicated to providing high quality, technically-focused advice to clients across the financial services spectrum. We help firms identify the regulatory obligations they need to comply with, their actual compliance with those requirements, and work with them to address the gaps and reduce their regulatory risk. Get in touch for more information.