London | Closing date: 29/03/2019
Employment type: Full-time | Department: Consulting | Sector: Financial services
We’re looking for an experienced Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join our Governance team. Working across a variety of different sectors including banking and wealth management, you’ll deliver on high quality regulatory projects and provide specialist conduct advice and support to our growing number of clients. You will also help us to maximise our presence in the industry to secure new clients and work.
As a fast growing regulatory consultancy, our people really are our most important asset. Since we started in 1999 we’ve been helping businesses in financial services (anything from the big banks to small start-ups) to thrive. We’ve built a team of professionals with the right experience and know-how to deal with regulation so clients can focus on their business goals. We are now about 85 people strong, with over 500 clients across the US, Europe and Asia.
You will have ample compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator, as well as experience managing client relationships. Your technical knowledge of governance and conduct issues (e.g. SM&CR) will be strong, and you’ll have a superb understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures. We look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, and experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients is crucial. You will also be confident working with Board and Executive level clients.
At Bovill we have big aspirations, so it’s important that you are happy to get involved in all aspects of helping to grow our business and are willing to tackle a broad range of matters outside your main areas of expertise. An ability to grow your network and take advantage of every opportunity to sell our services and support is also important. It goes without saying that exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Significant compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Experience managing client relationships
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
- Strong technical knowledge of the governance and conduct issues e.g. SM&CR
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Ability to confidently interact with Board and Executive level clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with plenty of scope for progression
- A competitive compensation package, including a discretionary profit-related bonus
- Excellent training and development opportunities