Employment type: Full-time | Department: Payments & Innovation
We’re looking for an experienced compliance professional to provide sound regulatory advice to our growing number of clients; many of whom are payment service institutions, e-money institutions and financial services innovators. This is a varied role which may also require you to work on other regulatory matters, including financial crime. Examples of the types of client work anticipated include:
- supporting firms with authorisation and registration applications
- assisting firms with regulatory sandboxes trials and testing
- undertaking risk assessment exercises (e.g. financial crime, operational and security risk)
- designing compliance frameworks (e.g. policies and procedures, compliance monitoring plan)
- regulatory reporting
- designing and delivering training sessions
- reviewing compliance systems and controls, and recommending improvements
- 166 ‘Skilled Person’ reviews
- Perimeter Analysis to determine whether a client requires authorisation / registration.
As an active member of the Innovative Finance sector team, you will also play a key role in promoting our services payment institutions, e-money institutions, crypto service providers and financial services disruptors to secure new clients and work. Therefore, prior consulting experience would be advantageous.
You will have significant experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for payment service institutions, e-money institutions and financial services innovators. In addition, you’ll have a deep understanding of the wider UK regulatory framework including financial crime; anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, and fraud are some of the areas that you would be expected to assist in.
On top of this, you’ll be a highly motivated individual who is able to take initiative. This is a fast-paced environment so the ability to quickly spot new opportunities and develop them is beneficial. Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.