Bovill provides comprehensive U.S. broker/dealer consulting registration services to companies looking to form a new broker/dealer, acquire an existing firm or expand their business activities. Our team of experienced professionals can help you navigate the multifaceted SEC and FINRA application process as well as state registrations.
In preparing the regulatory application and the firm’s compliance policies and procedures, we consider your specific business model, the complexity of the business, types of compliance and operational protocols that need to be developed, and ownership structure. The application process is complex and requires significant planning. Some of the wide-ranging documents that need to be submitted with the New Member Application (NMA) are:
- A detailed regulatory business plan tailored to your specific business
- Ownership and management organizational charts with detailed information about ownership and control person
- A marketing plan A business continuity plan
- Anti-money laundering program
- Written supervisory procedures
- Detailed financials and sources of net capital
- Form U4 (Uniform Application for Securities Industry Registration) for each registered representative and principal
- Fingerprint cards for every associated person
- Continuing education needs analysis and written training plan
We work with you to prepare and compile the application along with a myriad of other required forms. We walk you through the entire process and act as a liaison between you and the FINRA examiner assigned to your application. We work with you to make sure the application is complete and detailed to make the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
For more information about our Broker/Dealer consulting services around registration, download our information sheet.
Broker/dealer consulting support
Our ongoing broker/dealer consulting compliance support and advisory services include:
- Creating and maintaining a compliance program design tailored to the firm’s size, culture and business including:
- Risk assessment and gap analysis
- Best execution/trade management reviews
- Code of ethics/personal trading reviews, including gifts and entertainment
- Testing trade blotters for allocation and cross trade issues
- Financial crime/anti-money laundering reviews
- Specialized reviews and compliance assessments
- Annual and ongoing reviews of compliance arrangements, systems and controls
- Marketing and advertising review
- Mock regulatory audits, pre-enforcement and supervisory reviews
- Support with on-site regulator visits, examinations and enforcement investigations
- Customized firm element continuing education training, including training plan development, delivery and instruction
How we can help
Our team of experts is always available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and handle special requests, no matter how tricky or sensitive. Our services can grow with your business and adapt to your changing circumstances. We understand how regulatory issues can shift over time, and we take a proactive approach to keeping you in compliance.
We can also act as an independent compliance consultant or monitor as part of a regulatory settlement. We also serve as named chief compliance officer on a temporary basis or serve as a trusted adviser to the broker/dealer’s CCO. Bovill also provides outsourced CCO relationships to clients that are good candidates for the program.
Get in touch with our experts below to find out more information.