Bovill’s Commodities and Derivatives team advises domestic and international futures commission merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers (IBs), commodity pool operators (CPOs), commodity trading advisors (CTAs), and proprietary trading firms. We also represent domestic and foreign exchanges, derivatives clearing organizations (DCOs), and swap execution facilities (SEFs).
Our commodities and derivatives practice encompasses exchange-traded and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives across all asset classes and transaction types. Drawing on our experience with compliance matters under the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and National Futures Association (NFA), we support clients in derivatives markets by providing comprehensive advice on regulatory compliance, whether on an ongoing basis or in support of a time-sensitive project. In addition, we offer preventative and responsive services in relation to governmental and self-regulatory organization investigations and enforcement actions.
Bovill assists FCMs, introducing broker, commodity trading advisors, and commodity pool operators navigate the CFTC registration and NFA membership process with compliance bespoke solutions, such as:
- NFA/CFTC registration and NFA membership
- Registration of principals and associated persons
Our team assists trading and brokerage firms from around the globe with a wide variety of compliance and operational responsibilities including:
- Assisting with preparing the Annual NFA Questionnaire and the NFA’s Self-Examination Checklist
- Assisting with risk disclosure, financial reporting and recordkeeping obligations
- Conducting mock NFA examinations and providing on-site NFA examination support
- Preparing or updating the firm’s compliance manual(s) as appropriate
- Conducting AML Audits
- Conducting Branch/GIB Office Audits
- Designing and developing Cyber Security Programs
- Preparing and reviewing Disclosure Documents
- Promotional Material Reviews
- General hourly business consulting