Practical compliance solutions for fund managers and investment advisers
As a registered investment adviser, you have compliance obligations – regardless of whether you’re exempt or must register with the SEC. And, while the obligations differ, it’s important to understand what’s required of you and when.
Relying on outside advisers for compliance related functions is a cost-effective alternative to hiring dedicated compliance resources or assigning the duties to current staff for established and emerging managers. By leveraging external advisers, you benefit from experts steeped in industry best practices and current compliance regulations.
Depending on the nature and size of your business, you may need to register with the SEC, CFTC and/or the NFA. Bovill evaluates your business and determines whether registration is required or whether applicable exemptions are available.
We follow a detailed roadmap for the registration process, ensuring an organized and efficient process. Concurrent with registration, we work with you to install the framework needed on day one of registration.
Ongoing support and advisory services
Regulators expect your firm to be fully compliant with their rules at all times – there are no compliance breaks. This means ensuring compliance policies and procedures are fully and accurately documented and tested. You must also keep up with your compliance program commitments, including training, attestations, testing and surveillance.
Because policies and procedures impact processes, workflow, resources and cost, Bovill works with you prior to, during and after registration to develop solutions that fit your firm’s size, complexity and stage. We strive to minimize disruption and cost while achieving full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ongoing support and advisory services include:
- Rule 206(4)-7 Annual Reviews
- Compliance Program Reviews
- Risk assessments and regulatory gap analyses
- Portfolio Management reviews
- Code of ethics/personal trading reviews
- Investment allocation and trading reviews
- Financial crime/anti-money laundering reviews
- Specialized reviews and compliance assessments
- Annual and ongoing reviews of compliance arrangements, systems and controls
- Marketing and advertising review
- Mock regulatory audits, pre-enforcement and supervisory reviews
- Support with on-site regulator visits, examinations and enforcement investigations
- Regulatory and compliance training
A practical approach to ongoing compliance
Bovill has developed a five-pillar compliance model to help private equity managers establish and adhere to solid compliance protocols. We know that for a compliance program to succeed it must be practical and sustainable.