From traditional building societies to fintech execution-only providers the mortgage market is broad. And new entrants have certainly shaken it up of late. But the basic principles of compliance and risk control remain the same.
We have been providing regulatory advice and compliance services to mortgage advisers for many years, from authorisation to monitoring to support with FCA supervision.
How we support firms with mortgage regulation
There are a variety of things we can help mortgage providers with when it comes to compliance. Here are just a few:
- Guiding you through FCA authorisation if you are new to the market
- Preparing variations of permission or submitting changes to approved persons forms
- Advise on the application of the Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules and any other parts of the Handbook
- Reviewing your policies – in particular we can help tighten up your responsible lending or vulnerable customers’ policies and assess whether they are effective
- Developing management information
- Designing and delivering compliance monitoring programmes
- Undertaking file reviews or formal past business reviews to identify weaknesses in systems and controls
- Carrying out a post-MCD health-check – it is better we do it than to wait for the FCA to come knocking
- Assisting with prudential compliance matters or submit regulatory returns
- Preparing and delivering training
- Supporting with skilled person reviews. We are on the FCA panel so have plenty of experience in what the regulator expects.